Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.barnesvillagebugle.co.uk/
Personal Information We Collect
When you subscribe to the Barnes Village Bugle email newsletter we collect Personal Details in the form of your email address. If you choose to provide them, we also collect your name and post code.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information that we collect to:
- Send you the Barnes Village Bugle email newsletter
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information relating to our events or services
- Analyse how readers use the newsletter to help us to keep its content relevant
- We occasionally send one-off emails to subscribers in specific geographical areas when we have been asked to publish appeals fo lost pets and the like. You may opt out of receiving this sort of email by contacting us at [email protected]
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the it.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not share your Personal Details with any third parties.
We will only share your Personal Details if required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a court order, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
If you have registered on this site you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can unsubscribe to the Barnes Village Bugle email newsletter at any time and if you do so we will not send you any further editions.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you subscribe on the Site we store the personal information you provide to allow us to send you the newsletter.
Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]